I have not really said much about my father's illness, but I am soooo excited today that I thought I would post about how good he is progressing.
I went to visit him on Saturday by myself and he wanted to talk to my mom on the phone. And she asked if he was doing ok and with WORDS he answered yeah and then said hey a couple of times.
On Monday about nine of us went at the same time and he was doing so good and as I was doing some exercises with his left hand(the side that has been affected) he pushed a little against my hand. He was so in love with Britni that day, but did give everyone their own hugs and even tried to goose my mom :)
Last night Zachary was there and he got him to play catch with him and even wanted to put the ball in his left hand.
Today I just received a text telling us that Dad got a REAL shower and also got to eat a few bites of applesauce. He passed his swallowing test and doing really well.
This is such great news and we are all so excited. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. We all know it is still a long road but this is so huge for him. I bet the applesauce tasted like heaven.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad he is doing better. I love the new pics on your blog -- those kids are just adorable, but we already knew that now didn't we?!
Post a Comment